Deep Tissue Wellness Massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles.
60 or 90 minutes
Appointments times are limited please book ahead. This service must be specified when booking as not all therapists perform this service
Scottsdale Best Deep Tissue Massage
We strongly recommend having the RELAX Massage one day prior to the EXTREME Deep Tissue Wellness Massage
- Pressure: Extremely firm to Deep Pressure
- Promotes the loosening of stiff muscles, improve circulation and help to detoxify the body.
- Deep Tissue massage should be rotated with other massage modalities to insure that this massage can maintain its effectiveness. If the threshold of pain is crossed too often with the same muscles, it will result in little or no effect on the target muscle or muscle group in the future.
- Not recommended for: people who bruise easily, Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, chemical imbalances, cancer, clients on blood thinners, and clients with altered sensory perception, blood clots, and pregnancy.
- Specific after care for Deep tissue should be follow, 1 Gallon of Water within the 24 hours of your massage (before, immediately after and the rest of the day) a heating pad for 15-20 min and a mild anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen can help with the after session pain; you should never need more than your average dose to make it through the next day.
- The after effects of Deep tissue can affect you for up to 3 days, the first day after your session will be the most sensitive with the effects tapering off by the third day. If the effects are sever such as feeling like you are unable to lift or move your limbs, achy all over or nauseous the next day, your body is having a hard time flushing the toxins, that have been reintroduced to your system, from your body due to dehydration. Make sure you are drinking enough water and are getting enough electrolytes and vitamins to help strengthen your immune system while you flush the toxins from the fat and muscle tissue.
- A warm soak in Epson salts is strongly recommended when you get home after the service
Deep Tissue Wellness Massage
Best choice for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity and patients who regularly engage in physical sports or intense workouts. Deep Tissue is good for breaking up scar tissue and holding patterns such as frozen shoulder syndrome.
Clients can experience some discomfort and pain during deep tissue massage, as pain spindles start working again, nerves are release from being compressed and adhesions are broken up. Pain experienced should never be above a 7 on your pain scale of 1-10 (1= able to feel the pressure, 10= bruising pain) and you should have open lines of communication with your massage therapist.
It is not uncommon for receivers of deep tissue massage to have their pain replaced with a new muscle ache for a day or two. Deep tissue massage involves working on the body with pressure that is structured, unstructured, stationary, moving tension, motion, or vibration, done manually or with mechanical aids. Massage can be applied with the hands, elbows, forearm and tools.